MACHRINA STUDENTS’COUNCIL (MSC)
Machrina Students’ Council strives to promote a vibrant school culture to create a sense of belonging and to enrich the school experience for all students. Prefects as role models, we lead by example, influencing our peers through our words and actions. Fuelled with passion, loyalty and drive, we venture forth and break new ground, taking the lead in all endeavors. Motivated, we serve our fellow students through servant leadership, committing ourselves to the welfare of Thomas More Machrina High School.
The Students’ Council will work hard to create a platform for nurturing servant leaders of tomorrow. By displaying exemplary conduct and excellence, prefects will role-model and lead by example.
ROLES OF MACHRINA STUDENTS’ COUNCIL (MSC)
1. The Students’ Council is the body representing the students.
2. The Students’ Council:
• to provide a governmental structure in which students participate to better their school.
• advocating implementation of the school rolling action plan to all students;
• to give report on the state and quality of didactics at the Thomas More Machrina based on the MACHRINA TEACHING–LEARNING MODEL by the teachers.
• to be a voice for the students, raising any issues worth noting to the school administration, listening to the needs of their peers in a clear cut and comprehensive manner.
• To work with teachers to maintain students’ discipline and follow school routine activities.
• To enhance students participation in leadership.
This club is established, organized and intended to sing God’s Praise and Worship songs from all chants of Christian songs and other Concert/Event songs.
It is composed of both A-level and O-level students with suitable vocal ranges from soprano to bass (i.e Soprano, Alto, Tenor and Bass).
The group is led and organized by a teacher on behalf of the entire school management; assisted by a Choir Master selected from among choir members and a student pianist/organist.
Singing Club organizes its meetings twice a month during the first two weeks on Wednesday to practice new songs and steps (choreography).
There are more than 40 members, all of who are students. Singing is based on sol – fa Notation (musical noted songs).
Our Mission: To sing songs from all walks of life composed following sol –fa notation,
perform in international concerts, national festivals, events e.t.c.
Our Vision:- To continue our succession plan by training young and enthusiastic new singers
from Form One class yearly so that we don’t suffer loss after the seniors
have graduated schooling.
It is a student/teacher organization that welcomes all students and teachers interested in geography. Since our school has been growing to the point that where it includes High School students, the major change in curriculum has been the extension of classroom work into the area of student activities beyond the classroom.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CLUB
• To promote interests to students in geography subject
• To enable students change theoretical skills gained in the class into practice.
• To engage students in creative activities pertaining to the subject and to LOVE it.
• To represent students needs and wants in regard to the study of geography and provide innovative ideas to the benefit of the entire school and community.
• To engage students across our campus in activities related to geography subject like designing teaching/learning aids.
• To exploit different natural features around and outside our school example, areas affected by soil erosion, deposition, if possible taking samples of such features like soil, rocks for practices.
• To design different drawings/pictures/maps related to geography.
• Visiting to informative agencies such as meteorological stations for knowledge gain.